Cooking with Cannabutter: Canna-Banana Bread
When it comes to cannabis infused treats, baked goods are always a wonderful place to start. While most people will run for a traditional pot brownie, or cannabis infused cookie, others are looking for something a little more unique – like some sweet canna-banana bread.
Luckily, banana bread is one of the simplest, sweetest treats – you certainly don’t need to be a master baker to make an amazing loaf of banana bread! Plus, it’s incredibly simple to turn this delicious favorite into a cannabis infused treat to remember.
The best part? You don’t need to wait hours for the cannabis to infused with the butter when you use Evergreen Organix Homemade Cannabutter!
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 ½ cups (3-4 medium sized) overripe bananas, mashed
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Grease one loaf pan (or 2 mini loaf pans) with Evergreen Organix Homemade Cannabutter then flour lightly
3. Beat the cannabutter and sugar together with a hand mixer or stand mixer until thoroughly combined
4. Add eggs one at a time on a low speed until well blended
5. Add mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract then beat on a medium to low speed until smooth
6. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and optional cinnamon together in a separate bowl, then add them to the wet mixture while beating on a low speed until blended
7. If using walnuts, pour them into the mixture and mix thoroughly
8. Time to bake – if you’re using a large loaf pan this will take roughly 70-75 minutes; in two mini loaf pans you should expect 50-60 minutes – a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean when done
You can always spice things up with different spices – if you’re not a fan of cinnamon, but absolutely love your pumpkin pie spice then substitute that!
If you are looking for a different mix-in aside from the more traditional walnuts you could always use shaved almonds, pecans, or step away from nuts and choose chocolate chips or blueberries!
*Bonus points if you butter your Canna-Banana Bread with Evergreen Organix Homemade Cannabutter for a more potent mid-day treat!
If you feel like this dish may be too strong, or not strong enough, with the designated amount of cannabutter then feel free to adjust to your needs – and substitute with regular butter if you are reducing the amount being used.
However, if you are planning to consume edibles, then you should always keep in mind the safest steps to dosing with cannabis – start low and go slow. If you are smoking or vaping cannabis, wait until it’s started to wear down to consume an edible, and always wait 60-90 minutes before consuming any more cannabis after eating an edible. For more on how to safely dose with cannabis you can check out our guide here.
Evergreen Organix Homemade Cannabutter is made with premium local cannabis from Las Vegas, is 100 percent solvent free, and contains 950 milligrams of THC per jar. This homemade cannabutter is the perfect choice when making your own edibles.