Cooking with Cannabis: Coconut Chocolate Chip Waffles
Wake and bake is a favorite activity for many cannabis consumers – but there is a more elegant (and long lasting) way to go about this than a bong at the breakfast table. Edibles make an excellent way to start your day of relaxation – and are even a preference by many medicinal users since the leave you medicated longer. Using Evergreen Organix Cannabis Coconut Oil, these Coconut Chocolate Chip Waffles will taste amazing and be a welcomed alternative to the more traditional taste of edibles made of cannabutter.
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Evergreen Organix Cannabis Coconut Oil (melted at a low temperature)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (or substitute for chopped up Evergreen Organix chocolate of your choice)
1. Preheat your waffle iron as you normally would
2. Whisk bread flour, oat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in one bowl
3. Mix almond milk, applesauce and melted Evergreen Organix Cannabis Coconut Oil in a separate bowl
4. Stir flour into liquid mixture until just combined as a batter
5. Fold chocolate chips into batter and let stand for a minimum of 5 minutes
6. Scoop ¼ - ½ cup of batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook as usual
Maybe you’re not a big fan of chocolate chip waffles or pancakes – but you absolutely love blueberry waffles made with fresh blueberries. You can substitute the chocolate chips with any fruit of your choice, peanut butter chips, or other mix in’s.
If you feel like this dish may be too strong, or not strong enough, with the designated amount of cannabis infused coconut oil then feel free to adjust to your needs – and substitute with regular coconut oil if you are reducing the amount being used.
However, if you are planning to consume edibles, then you should always keep in mind the safest steps to dosing with cannabis – start low and go slow. If you are smoking or vaping cannabis, wait until it’s started to wear down to consume an edible, and always wait 60-90 minutes before consuming any more cannabis after eating an edible. For more on how to safely dose with cannabis you can check out our guide here.
Evergreen Organix Cannabis Coconut Oil is made with premium local cannabis from Las Vegas, is 100 percent solvent free, and contains 1,000 milligrams of THC per jar. This homemade cannabutter is the perfect choice when making your own edibles.