Cooking with Cannabutter: Apple Pie Bars
While apples might be the best in the fall, apple pie is a favorite for so many people year-round – and these Apple Pie Bars are sure to be a crowd pleaser! Not only do they have all the flavor of a freshly baked apple pie, they are a relatively quick-to-make treat that will sooth almost any serious sweet tooth.
The best part? You don’t need to wait hours for the cannabis to infused with the butter when you use Evergreen Organix Homemade Cannabutter!
½ cup Evergreen Organix Homemade Cannabutter (room temperature)
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp pure-vanilla extract
1 ½ cups flower
¾ tsp baking powder
1 tsp apple pie spice
2 cups apple pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl cream butter
3. Add sugar and beat well
4. Beat in eggs one at a time
5. Add pure-vanilla extract
6. Sift flower and baking powder into a separate bowl
7. Gradually stir in sifted dry ingredients to make dough
8. Lightly grease an 8 X 11 baking pan
9. Spread ¾ of dough in the bottom of the baking sheet
10. Spread apple pie filling over the dough
11. Spoon remaining dough over the pie filling, spreading lightly
*Note: not all the pie filling will be covered!
12. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes
13. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into individual squares to serve
On the off chance that you’re not a fan of apple pies, this process can be replicated with any other pie filling. For example, cherry, blueberry or peach pie filling would work just as well as apple pie filling. Simply follow the recipe as written above, only using a different choice in filling flavor.
If you feel like this dish may be too strong, or not strong enough, with the designated amount of cannabutter then feel free to adjust to your needs – and substitute with regular butter if you are reducing the amount being used.
However, if you are planning to consume edibles, then you should always keep in mind the safest steps to dosing with cannabis – start low and go slow. If you are smoking or vaping cannabis, wait until it’s started to wear down to consume an edible, and always wait 60-90 minutes before consuming any more cannabis after eating an edible. For more on how to safely dose with cannabis you can check out our guide here.
Evergreen Organix Homemade Cananbutter is made with premium local cannabis from Las Vegas, is 100 percent solvent free, and contains 950 milligrams of THC per jar. This homemade cannabutter is the perfect choice when making your own edibles.